This course runs from 10 - 21 August.
All work must be submitted by 4pm on 21 August.
Module 1 Introduction
- Where am I? We self-assess our practice using a baseline test, informed by SSE.
- What is current evidence-based best practice? We explore newly researched theory, we identify and itemise its benefits and its essential qualities.
- What is classroom management?
Module 2 Classroom Culture
- What are the features of positive classroom culture?
- How can we build a positive classroom culture?
Module 3 Routines & Procedures
- What are the key routines and procedures in place for effective classroom management?
- Where am I? We self-assess our own routines and procedures.
Module 4 Rewards Consequences
- What are the benefits of motivation types, rewards and consequences?
- How can I adapt my practice to introduce appropriate rewards and consequences?
Module 5 Behaviour & Strategies to Support Children
- What strategies can be used to maintain positive learning behaviours in a classroom?