Webinar: Rahoo Chat with Nadine Lyons & Principal Niamh Cullen
A Virtual Event for Teachers: 4.30 - 5.30pm Wednesday 9th February
Who is this webinar for?
You are a teacher who wants to know what principals are looking for from teachers.
You are a teacher who would like a better understanding of how to stand out in a job interview or in a school.
You are a teacher who would like to hear tips from a principal about getting your teaching career off to the best possible start.
This webinar would mainly suit newer teachers to the profession as we will be chatting about the NQT year, Droichead, planning requirements amongst other key topics.
By the end of this webinar, you will:
- Know what principals are looking for, instead of worrying about what it is they want.
- Have clear, practical guidance on how to put your best foot forward in interview, instead of panicking about what to say.
- Feel empowered to take the next step in your journey to becoming a teacher, instead of feeling unsure of what to do next.
Why have you created this webinar?
We created this webinar because we want to support you in your first steps in the teaching profession. Nadine and Niamh have spoken together at various Rahoo events. At our previous iteration of this webinar in 2021, 100% off attendees said it was "very good" or "excellent". Feedback includes:
- "I found this course to be very beneficial. Both Niamh and Nadine were very knowledgeable and informative".
- "It was very thorough and went through everything in a simple, clear manner".
- "I really enjoyed that both Niamh and Nadine were on the webinar, they bounced off each other very well and it was a more interesting format".
- "The Q/A was a comfortable way to ask questions (anonymously). The fact that it is being recorded is also helpful".
We are passionate about professional development for teachers and have worked with over 8,000 teachers since 2017. As a teacher, you are the most important person in the classroom – you make the greatest impact on the students in front of you.
What is included?
“Rahoo Chat with Nadine & Niamh Cullen, Principal” is 1 hour in duration including Q&A opportunities.
This webinar will be hosted by a Nadine Lyons.
Nadine runs the popular Instagram platform ‘Múinteoir N’ to help teachers, particularly student teachers and Newly Qualified Teachers as they embark on their teaching career.
She graduated from the Professional Masters in Education (PME) from DCU, St. Patrick’s Campus. She graduated with a first-class honours from the PME, in which she also received the Vere Foster award from the INTO for achieving the highest marks in teaching practice and curriculum areas of education over the two year programme.
She will be interviewing Niamh Cullen, Principal of Grace Park Educate Together National School.
Niamh has also worked with newly qualified teachers for many years. She trained as a mentor with the National Induction Programme for Teachers in 2007 and has mentored teachers in all school settings and classes. Niamh is an Associate with NIPT and facilitates induction workshops, Cluster Meetings and PST Training.
Between 2015 and 2017, Niamh was seconded to the Teaching Council. Here, she was directly involved in the development of the current Droichead Policy.
Niamh is passionate about supporting NQTs as they transition from college to school.
The webinar will be recorded and available for you to re-watch up to two weeks post-event.
A downloadable Certificate will be accessible after the event.
Thank you for taking the time to check out this webinar. Feel free to get in touch with us at [email protected] if you have any questions you would like to ask. We love hearing from you and will do all that we can to support you!